Referring a Patient for a Sleep Consultation
PRINT REFERRAL FORM
Looking for a comprehensive, all under one umbrella approach to your patient’s sleep health care – from consultation to diagnosis to treatment and DME, including oral appliances for all of your sleep referrals?
Comprehensive Sleep Care Center is here to support your practice.
We are a dedicated sleep health practice with nine convenient full-service sleep health centers located in the Northern Virginia and Maryland area. Our centers are staffed by our team of board-certified sleep medicine specialists whose sole practice is focused on diagnosing and managing your patient’s sleep needs to enhance their lives and overall health.
Quick and Easy Referral of your Patients Process
- We provide you with an easy to use REFERRAL FORM
- Please complete the referral form, include the patient’s demographics, patient’s insurance information and fax to 703.729.3422. Please provide the best contact number (cell phone number) for your patient.
- We then call the patient’s insurance company to verify benefits and receive authorization. We then notify the patients of their coverage and any costs that may be their responsibility.
- Our scheduling team will call the patient to schedule a sleep consultation with our physicians. We are able to get patients in for an overnight study within a few days usually, sometimes the same night the patient is referred!
- After the sleep study is completed, our sleep medicine physician interprets the study and prepares a report which will include the data and recommendations. The report is usually completed within 48 to 72 hours, and the report is faxed to you.
- If the study was ordered as a Comprehensive or Evaluate & Treat, the patient has a follow-up appointment with our sleep specialists to go over the sleep study results and recommendations. If the study is not ordered as a Comprehensive or Evaluate & Treat, the results will be faxed to you and we will advise the patient they need to follow up with your office to review the results.
Thank you for the pleasure and opportunity to partner with you in your patient’s healthcare. For more information, or to schedule an appointment:
Please call us at 703.729.3420
PLEASE COMPLETE THE OSA SCREENER
The STOP-Bang Questionnaire : Answer these Eight questions by yes or no
Helping your patients sleep better
- If your patients report sleep complains, assess for obstructive sleep apnea (STOP-Bang) or other sleep disorders
- Explain that sleep in combination with moderate physical activity may promote remission and help prevent relapse
- Keep CSCC brochures and forms in your office to help foster awareness of sleep disorders in your patients
- If your patient screens positive for OSA and has a supportive clinical history, please refer them to Comprehensive Sleep Care Center for an evaluation
The Smart Choice for your patients
A one-stop sleep health shop = win/win for your patients
- A seamless process from diagnosis to therapy for you and your patient referrals
- A sleep medicine practice solely focused on sleep medicine
- Pre-certification services of your patient’s insurance provided by our billing specialists
- Collaborative partnership and multidisciplinary approach with our referring providers and their patients
- An individualized, tailored treatment plan for the entire spectrum of sleep health management
- Full service sleep health practice providing DME, including our onsite team of dentists for the treatment of mild to moderate sleep apnea by oral appliance therapy. Insurance billed directly on the behalf of your patient
- Ongoing patient education, long term support and compliance monitoring of CPAP therapy to enhance patient outcomes
- Home Sleep study program available
- Quick turnaround on results and updated follow up notes provided