In-home sleep studies – Comprehensive Sleep Care moves into the bedroom
Comprehensive Sleep Care Center is always at the forefront of new methods, including those that make life a bit easier for our patients. With that in mind, we now offer portable monitoring equipment for use in your own home.
- Home sleep testing is intended specifically for those patients without co-morbidities (neurologic, cardiac, or significant pulmonary disorders) who are considered to be at moderate to high risk for sleep apnea
- Home sleep testing is not intended for patients who are considered to be at low risk for obstructive sleep apnea or if other sleep related issues may be at hand (excessive daytime sleepiness without snoring, frequent nocturnal awakenings, restless leg syndrome). This is due to the minimal number of sensors which limits the home sleep test.
- Home sleep testing does not offer a trained sleep technologist, who among other responsibilities, is able to recognize when a sensor has come off during the night and replace it while the patient sleeps, which allows for a greater potential for inaccurate test results and misdiagnosis
Comprehensive Sleep Care Center’s sleep physician dream team are all board-certified in sleep medicine and are the experts at dealing with a full range of sleep-related issues, and our team also has board certification in neurology, psychiatry, and internal medicine – and are always available for a consultation.
When you have been properly screened, Home Sleep Testing offers a great alternative to traditional clinic-based testing. Here’s why:
- Many of our patients like the idea of being tested at home, while sleeping in the comfort of their own beds.
- Home sleep tests are at a lower cost, about one-fourth of a traditional center-based study
- Patients who are provided home sleep testing through our centers will receive the interpretation and report from one of our board-certified sleep medicine physicians as part of the service, usually within 48 hours
- If a patient is diagnosed with sleep apnea, our sleep physicians will meet with you to discuss the recommended therapy option best suited to your needs. More importantly, if sleep apnea is not confirmed by the study, our sleep specialists will provide next-step guidance.
Interested in learning more?
Please call for more information on how working with a board-certified sleep specialist at Comprehensive Sleep Care Center can make home sleep testing work for you or your patients, please call us at 703.729.3420